Thursday, April 12, 2007

Antleope Valley Wind

Back in 1979 the phrase Twinkie Defense was coined. The defendant tried to claim he murdered some people because he ate twinkies rather than his usual health food, causing an imbalance in his mood. I am confident a mood change happens in the people of the Antelope Valley when the wind picks up. Today we had heavy gusts and boy were people cranky. A colleague was throwing a tantrum because the copy machine was all out of paper and I tried to explain to her that sometimes it runs out and you have to add MORE paper to the machine in order to make it work. I am not sure if it was the wind, the sarcasm in my voice, or maybe a little of both, but she "blew" out of the copy room pretty quick.


On the way home from school I snapped a shot of a trampoline that went over the fence. They may want to wait until the winds slow down a little or there could be a reinactment of Mary Poppins A.V. style.



I am disappointed to report that the wind caused me not to go for a run today. I am getting over a cold and the dust in the air looked quite heavy. This to me is merely a poor excuse and I should have gone out and given it a try. The run I take almost every day is on the trails about a half mile from my home. We live very close to the California Aqueduct and behind the water are some great single track trails. The run I take most often is over Bunny Hill, even on calm days it's pretty windy at the top... I wonder what today would have been like? The name comes from the Juniper tree and a bush right next to each other. If you look closely in the left centerof the picture the bunny's head is facing right. Perhaps one day I will post a better shot to give the bunny more justice. For some reason I'm hungry for a Hostess snack.

No comments: