Friday, August 3, 2007

57 Down 43 To Go - JULY Part 1

The month of July was a good month for running bad for blogging.


The month of July started off with a trip to Eric and Cherie's place in Oxnard near the beach along with mom and dad and Cherie's mom and dad. We rode kayaks (picture of Eric and dad) in the canals literally right in their backyard. Sometimes we took the boat (Eric and Cherie) for dinner and other times just for a sunset cruise. We saw a great fireworks show on the fourth right from their deck.


The first day I ran down the beach to Ventura and after about 7 miles stripped off the Ipod, shoes and shirt and went for a swim in the ocean along with a little body surfing.

I learned a valuable lesson... it is important to put socks and running shoes back on the feet without getting wet sand in them. The run home was more difficult and involved frequent stops trying to leave the sand where it belonged. The next days run I brought a camera to get some self portraits and a picture of a shark that had washed up on the beach. Since Cherie didn't believe I had seen a shark, I was determined to get a picture on my run the next morning. After searching for it I realized a fisherman had moved it and had already begun disecting it for some "Ceviche" as he informed me. The visit was great and got in some good running miles... July was looking good... we're off to our cabin in Cold Springs in the mountains the next day.
























No comments: