Thursday, August 2, 2007

57 down 43 to go - July Part II

There's too much too say about our 3 weeks in Cold Springs. In short, our group we call the Cold Springs Running Club spent many days running around the lake in the mornings and occasionally through the hills of our community. Often times I would run to the lake and meet them there and then run home as a good way to keep my mileage up. One morning Cindy drove me to Kennedy Meadows (a 45 minute drive) and dropped me off with basically water, map, and granola bars. I ran back through the Stanislaus National Forest. The run was approximately 27 miles and the first 20 miles I only saw two back backers that gave me a look of "who is this crazy fool running through the middle of the forest".








We took day trips to Calaveras Big Trees, Bodie, and enjoyed the laid back lifestyle of the mountains. Good friends visited, but we needed to get back by the end of the month to finish out July with a boating trip to Laughlin.

Calaveras Big Trees






Jennie Keeping Us Fed


Bodie Ghost Town


The view just before taking off from Kennedy Meadows

No comments: