Sunday, August 12, 2007

67 Down 33 To Go - Mt Disappintment 50k

For me Mt. Disappointment was a big DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!

The event was terrific and the volunteers were wonderful. To get right to the point somewhere around mile 8 my ankle (same ankle that has been hurting off and on since April) begin giving me troubles. At about mile 15 it was hurting too much so I began walking and arrived at the 20 mile aid station hot and depressed. Cindy was waiting there for me to cheer me on, instead I had to make the decision to drop from the race in hopes of lessening the damage and still keep my hopes alive for the AC100.

I went and had my ankle X-rayed but the dr. felt it would not help and she was right... the results showed nothing. I will be making an appointment for a CT scan this week that may or may not show something.

1 comment:

Barefoot Ted said...

Howdy Chris

Nice seeing you on the trails, and sorry to hear about your ankle.

A little rest and perhaps an ankle brace will help a lot.

Scott Jurek won the Hardrock 100 wearing an ankle brace on a sprained ankle.

Barefoot Ted