Thursday, May 24, 2007

Trot, Smile, and Wave


Have you ever stopped at an intersection, crosswalk, or parking lot for a person to make their way across wherever they are crossing? It's what we should do when we are in our cars... stop for pedestrians. It gets a little annoying when someone is crossing where they shouldn't but you still wait and let them cross. With all the bad rap drivers get, in general I think most are pretty polite. For some odd reason I seem to be bothered by the unwritten rules out there; such as, why is it pedestrians seem to think it is okay to walk at a snails pace when a car is waiting? Have you heard the riddle? Why did the human cross the road? Answer: To take a long time getting to the other side.


Cindy and I live by the philosophy that when a car has stopped for us, we pick up the pace to a trot, flash a friendly smile and a wave of the hand, not only does it create better kharma, but burns a few more calories. We are not the only ones... other people do this and I am always aware and appreciative of these actions. Within those few seconds I always think, "that is someone I would like as my friend". Don't you think this world would be a better place if everyone always did at least one of the three (trot, smile, or wave) whenever they crossed the road?

No comments: